Unit 17 High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Animal Farm – by George Orwell
The original ideal of the Puritan City upon a hill seemed to be slipping away in the pursuit of materialism and self-gratification. The moral standards of the Victorian Age were forgotten in the age of Freud and the flapper. There were those who saw much to fear in the changes sweeping through their culture. They would not give up without a fight.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- All philosophies, values and belief systems should be viewed and judged in light of Scripture and not man’s wisdom.
- Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. — Proverbs 3:7
- See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ. — Colossians 2:8
Unit 17 Resources: High School
VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE PREVIEWED BY PARENTS BEFORE ALLOWING STUDENTS TO WATCH VIDEOS. SOME VIDEOS MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON SENSITIVE TOPICS.