Unit 24b High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Works of Poetry from World War I and Speeches from World War II
“Say it loud, I’m Black and I’m proud.” -soul singer James Brown
“A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” -women’s rights leader Gloria Steinem
“We have a power that comes from the justice of our cause.” -farm workers leader Cesar Chavez
As awareness was being raised across America about civil rights for African-Americans, it was only natural for other groups who felt marginalized to make demands of their own. A new feminist movement emerged in the 1960s pressing for modern reforms.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- God created each individual uniquely and for a specific purpose thereby showing the value that God places on human life.
- For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. — Psalm 139:13-14
- We are stewards of God’s earth, ruling over that which is not ours.
- You made them rulers over the works of Your hands; You put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. — Psalm 8:6-8
Unit 24b Resources: High School