Unit 25 High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Out of the Silent Planet – by C.S. Lewis
Despite the turbulence of the 1960s, the decade closed on a high note with the Apollo 11 space mission, by which the first humans in history landed on the moon. On July 20, 1969, Americans Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin separated the Lunar Module Eagle from the Command Module Columbia and set down on the lunar surface. Six hours later, on July 21, Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon, proclaiming to a worldwide television audience that the event was “one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” Fulfilling the goal set eight years earlier by the late President John F. Kennedy of “landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth” before the decade was out, the Apollo 11 mission brought Space Race victory to the United States and raised national hopes for a new era of peace, prosperity, and international cooperation.
Unfortunately, things went terribly wrong in the 1970s.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- Honesty is a character quality to be desired.
- The Lord detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please Him.. — Proverbs 20:23
- The Bible provides the ethics upon which to judge people and nations.
- And God spoke all these words:…(continue reading). — Exodus 20:1-17
- God is sovereign over the affairs of men.
- From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.. — Acts 17:26
Unit 25 Resources: High School
VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE PREVIEWED BY PARENTS BEFORE ALLOWING STUDENTS TO WATCH VIDEOS. SOME VIDEOS MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON SENSITIVE TOPICS.