Unit 27 High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Out of the Silent Planet – by C.S. Lewis
The last decade of the 20th century was marked with dizzying change for the United States. With the Soviet Union out of the picture, American diplomats sought to create a “new world order” based on democracy, free-market capitalism and the Western lifestyle.
Challenges from abroad did not disappear with the end of the Cold War. The invasion of Kuwait by Saddam Hussein’s Iraq threatened a major percentage of the world’s oil reserves. In the largest American military operation since the Vietnam War, the United States led a multinational force in the liberation of Kuwait.
The collapse of the Cold War in Yugoslavia allowed centuries of hatred between rival ethnic groups to bubble to the surface. The term “ethnic cleansing” was applied to the process of removing an entire nationality out of a particular territory by threats, violence, or genocide. The United States contributed blue-helmet peacekeeping troops to Bosnia to end ethnic cleansing and committed air support to Kosovar Albanians who faced the same fate.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- Honesty is a character quality to be desired.
- The Lord detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please Him.. — Proverbs 20:23
- The Bible provides the ethics upon which to judge people and nations.
- And God spoke all these words:…(continue reading). — Exodus 20:1-17
- God is sovereign over the affairs of men.
- From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.. — Acts 17:26
Unit 27 Resources: High School
VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE PREVIEWED BY PARENTS BEFORE ALLOWING STUDENTS TO WATCH VIDEOS. SOME VIDEOS MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON SENSITIVE TOPICS.