Unit 4 High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Poetry of the Modern Time Period – by Gerard Manley Hopkins
The situation at the close of the second year of the war was to the advantage of the Union cause in the West, while in the East the opposing armies still held each other at bay – neither having gained the advantage. The Emancipation Proclamation met with favor in the North and commanded the respect of the civilized nations of the world.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- Honesty is a character quality to be desired.
- The Lord detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please Him. — Proverbs 20:23
- The Bible provides the ethics upon which to judge people and nations.
- And God spoke all these words:…(continue reading). — Exodus 20:1-17
- God is sovereign over the affairs of men.
- From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. — Acts 17:26
Unit 4 Resources: High School
- Map of the Compromise of 1850
- Map of Underground Railroad Routes, c.1650
- Map of Free States and Slave States
- Map of American Civil War Battles
- Animated Maps of the Civil War
Hopkins, “God’s Grandeur”