Unit 7 High School
- Subjects Covered
- Grammar, Literature, Composition, History
- Time Period
- Grade Level
- High School: 9 – 12
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin – by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Westward expansion necessitated more means of transportation. More and increasingly convenient means of transportation, more and more people were able to move west. Cities and towns were planned and built in advance of the arrivals of many of these settlers and businessmen, who saw an opportunity for investment, aided in the development.
Leading Ideas and Biblical Principles
- Honesty is a character quality to be desired.
- The Lord detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please Him. — Proverbs 20:23
- The Bible provides the ethics upon which to judge people and nations.
- And God spoke all these words:…(continue reading). — Exodus 20:1-17
- God is sovereign over the affairs of men.
- From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. — Acts 17:26
Unit 7 Resources: High School
VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE PREVIEWED BY PARENTS BEFORE ALLOWING STUDENTS TO WATCH VIDEOS. SOME VIDEOS MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON SENSITIVE TOPICS.
- Map of Reconstruction in the South
- Map of Railroads in USA – 1880s
- Map of Westward Expansion in the USA up to 1910
- Map of Cattle Trails and Railroads
- Map of Railroads, Cowboys, and Indians
- Timeline of Reconstruction – includes pictures, the Emancipation Proclamation, and more
- Amendments to the United States Constitution
- Reconstruction – more information which includes important dates and key events
- About the Presidents – information about the presidents, including the ones discussed in these lessons (Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, and Cleveland)
- Timeline of USA Presidents, includes major events during presidencies